Section Captain & Division Director Scoring Instructions
Aside from leading your team, as a Section Captain, we ask that you help us maintain the scores and standings for the league by entering in the final scores for the games played within your section. This is why it is extremely important for you to contact the coaches in your respective sections and develop a mechanism for reporting scores (e.g. - phone, email, etc). Directions for updating the scores are provided below. Please let your division director know of any issues with coaches.
Note: If you are a section captain missing access to the scoring pad please contact your division director.
Click on the document image above to access a PDF copy of the BAYS Web Site User Guide for Section Captains.
Step 1: Login
Click the Unified Login button on the left sidebar and enter your username and password. If you have been a coach, assistant coach or organizational member (president, registrar, field or referee scheduler, girls or boys director) in any of the previous seasons, you already have a username and password. You will be directed to the Web site Welcome and Administration page. This page contains important updates and status information. Be sure to review it every time you enter the site. (If you cannot remember your password or if you are a new coach this year and don’t know your password, use the password recovery feature at the bottom of the Unified Login page.)
Step 2: Enter Scores
- Click the Scoring Pad button on the left sidebar (under Section Captain or Division Director).
- Select the section and week you desire to score, and click the Submit button. To input more than one week of scores at a time, select All Weeks at the bottom of the drop-down field.
Note: If you are a division director with multiple divisions, your single login will provide you access to all sections you manage. Section captains will also have access to all the sections they manage.
- Record the scores and provide information in the Notes field as applicable (e.g. - reason for forfeit, swapped teams, etc.).
- To indicate a forfeit, enter "F" in the forfeiting team's score field and a "1" in the other team's score. For a double forfeit, enter "F" in the score field for both teams.
- After entering scores and notes, you MUST click the Update button to save the information. If you need to contact the webmaster about a game (for any reason) please provide the game number for reference.